I suggest you ...

Support inline document linking when using custom embed.js

The current reference for how to do internal linking does not support corporate use when using custom.js. (see: http://docs.internallinking.apiary.io/#) when you follow the recommendation for internal linking that is as follows, you always are redirected off your domain back to https://jsapi.apiary.io/apis which is not what we want. We want to stay on our custom branded site. External linking works, why can't I specify the full external link to the branded site anchor and have it work?

Internal inline link – 1.1

With manually defined HTML anchor e.g. <a name="my-anchor-2"></a> where a Markdown-formatted description is expected.

Try it ([Try it](#my-anchor-2))

13 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Greg RollGreg Roll shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Ben RiordanBen Riordan commented  · 

This is also of very high importance to us. We can link including a host and a new window will be opened. This is a stopgap and being able to link within the iframe of an embedded document would immensely improve the reading experience.

• Vipin KumarVipin Kumar commented  · 

Hi Apiary Support,
        This item is in "Planned" status. Can you please provide a tentative timeline as to when this feature will be available? it is limiting our corporate API documents to be published with API Blueprint, and we need it fairly soon if we are to continue using API blueprint as the API docs publication method.

Thanks.

• Greg RollGreg Roll commented  · 

When is this 'planned' for?.. this limitation is a big one for us to move all our external facing docs to Apiary so would like to understand when / if you plan on fixing it.

Feedback and Knowledge Base