• facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AnonymousAnonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    started  ·  Lukas LinhartLukas Linhart responded  · 

We have started to work on some OAuth2 support and testing it with some customers.

Current status is “very alpha”; you can only mark the whole API as being authenticated and we do not provide any support for mock server yet.

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • JackquackJackquack commented  · 

Support in Dredd is also key

• Thomas VervestThomas Vervest commented  · 

To answer Jakub's question, for us the addition of OAuth in the blueprint format (allowing us to add a "this requests requires OAuth authentication" marker to a request) and then using OAuth to access the mock server would really improve the tool.

Because of the lack of OAuth the mock API currently isn't truly interchangeable with the "real" API. Also, it would be good to use it as a test case for the OAuth implementation.

• Lukas LinhartAdminLukas Linhart (Admin, apiary.io) commented  · 

Hi Matheus,

we plan to work on authentication right after our blueprint format overhaul. OAuth will definitely be part of it.

Regards,

Lukas

• Jakub NesetrilAdminJakub Nesetril (CEO, apiary.io) commented  · 

Alexander - we're looking into this. There are a couple places where OAuth support in Apiary would make sense, where do you need it most?

In the blueprint format for specifying your API? Or in the mock server? Or for your users that need to authenticate to comment on the API or use the traffic inspector?

• Alexander TrauzziAlexander Trauzzi commented  · 

The only way we could use apiary is if we get suport for this...

Feedback and Knowledge Base