I suggest you ...

Add an activity feed for blueprints so you can track what's been happening.

An activity feed (like Trello for example) of all the actions that have taken place on the API (edits, deletions, comments etc). This would add a massive amount of value around the collaboration on a Blueprint.

73 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Andy BritcliffeAndy Britcliffe shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • ScottScott commented  · 

Would also like to see which API's a user is looking at to help gauge interest, and whether a user is active, or whether they can be removed.

• Andy JeffriesAndy Jeffries commented  · 

I'd love to see a feed. I'd commented to Apiary the following:

As a question, I couldn't see anywhere to subscribe to an RSS/Atom feed of changes. Or view the changes to an API since a particular date.

This has always been the big killer for me; APIs are most often defined by a team that isn't the consumer of the API, and shock/horror API developers sometimes break the API by removing/renaming a parameter (more during development) and the consumers don't know till their app breaks and they eventually trace it to the API change (because we all assume the bug is in our code, rather than externally).

Given it's likely the API provider will keep the API docs on Apiary.io up to date and the underlying API matches (maybe using your proxy mode), the same issue can still arise.

So, I'd love to see that added.

• Jan MoravecAdminJan Moravec (Admin, apiary.io) commented  · 

We're revisiting whole comments/support/discussion notification story at this very moment and release is tied to overhauled documentation at the end of July.

• Martin WawruschMartin Wawrusch commented  · 

Even better, allow us to use disqus as a comment engine. (I make this a separate item)

Feedback and Knowledge Base